Have you left The Greater PineBelt Community Foundation in your Will? If so, we will add you to our Legacy Society!
Your gift will make a difference for generations and generations to come.
The Legacy Society at the PineBelt Foundation honors those who have chosen to make a planned gift to The Greater PineBelt Community Foundation through their estate plan (i.e. named the Foundation as a beneficiary of their insurance policy – even if only 10%). Donors then: 1) name their legacy / future fund; and 2) tell the Foundation how they want to disburse the gift (many people create endowed (forever gifts) designated funds for their favorite nonprofit, church or school); or, they can set their fund up as a field of interest fund or scholarship fund. That is the sole criterion for membership in the Legacy Society.
Donors can use planned giving to have their name live on forever, or to honor the name of their family or loved ones, or they can choose to remain anonymous (like the Angel Heart Fund). Your planned gift puts you in good company today. Later, your gift will do good works in your community FOREVER!
Legacy Society Members:
- Theresa J. Erickson
- Linda Ginn
- Dr. Keith and Mrs. Carolyn McLarnan
- Dorothy Ricks
- Carlton Thornhill
Why planned giving?
- These gifts provide tax benefits to the donor, including taking immediate federal tax deductions, avoidance of capital gains, and the ability to lessen or eliminate estate taxes.
- Legacy gifts can serve a specific geographic region, community population, and/or changing needs of the community.
- Planned gifts can be as simple as assigning a specific amount of money or a certain percentage from your estate.
- Planned gifts can also be insurance policies, IRAs, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead gifts, and similar instruments.
- Bequests to the PineBelt Foundation are exempt from estate tax.
- There is no minimum amount required for a Legacy Society gift.
- You can continue to help nonprofit organizations that are making an important difference in the quality of life in the Pine Belt region.
Membership Benefits — As a member of the Legacy Society, you will be:
- Named in our publications to give others the opportunity to follow your example as a community steward and leader.
- Given the opportunity to have us preserve your story and photographs for future generations who will receive grants from your Fund at the Foundation.
We are here to help you with all aspects of your giving experience. For more information and ideas on ways to create a planned gift, ask your financial advisor or contact Theresa Erickson, Executive Director at 601.583.6180.