Creating a better quality of life for generations to come…
You will enhance your community by starting a fund with the Greater PineBelt Community Foundation. Our donors have accomplished remarkable things, truly making our area a better place to live.
Donors will find that the PineBelt Foundation is versatile enough to accomplish your philanthropic goals by offering several different kinds of funds and accepting different types of assets. From cash, securities, property, insurance, charitable gift annuities, and other property, our role is to help you transform your philanthropic resources into the fuel that impacts the lives of others.
Our funds are invested in a pool of over $2 million philanthropic dollars, allowing us to leverage greater return for our community’s resources.
It only takes $1,000 ($10,000 in ten years or $83.33 a month) to start a fund. Whether an individual, family, business, or non-profit, starting your fund is simple. Once your fund is launched, our staff handles forms, filings, record keeping, and other details, including keeping you informed of fund activity through semi-annual statements.
10 Reasons Why People Give
- To leave a legacy and support the organization you love forever.
- To honor or memorialize a loved one.
- To support the non-profit, church or school that is close to your heart.
- To invest in your community.
- To receive maximum tax benefits (as allowed by law).
- To take advantage of the investment in a larger pool of assets; this can lead to greater growth, greater income, and lower investment fees. All gifts to your fund are designated to the organization it was set up for. While co-mingled for investment purposes, your Fund will not be used for other initiatives.
- To have a Charitable Fund that others can give to and receive a tax deduction (great way to receive Birthday or Christmas gifts that support the organization you love).
- To have a transparent and an accountable organization handle your charitable dollars (we handle all accounting, financial reporting and have an annual independent audit).
- To take advantage of the Foundations marketing and promotion of your Fund (or you can remain anonymous, if desired)
- To support your PASSION!
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”